Safeguarding & our Family Team
Safeguarding is Everybody's Responsibility
Children have a right to be cared for and protected, protecting them is everyone’s responsibility. At Bushmead we have a duty of care to ensure that all users of the school are kept safe from harm. We are committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow into mature and responsible people. Safeguarding children is an essential part of our holistic approach to ensure that children are protected from abuse and neglect and that every child reaches their full potential.
The best interests of the children will always be our priority. As such, there are times we will need to record, monitor and share information with other agencies. We will share concerns about our pupils with the child’s parents/carers unless we have reason to believe that such a move would not be in the child’s best interest.
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
- Joanne Travi - Headteacher
Deputy Safeguarding Leads:
- Steve Read - Deputy Head
- Gaynor Blair - Assistant Head
- Amy Clark - Inclusion Manager
- Kelly Davies - Senior Family Worker
- Jo Beeston - Family Worker
- Lynda McPheat - Family Worker
Designated Safeguarding Link Governor:
- Victoria Azubuine
Our Family Team are here to help and support our families.
Telephone: 01582 725387 Option 2
Designated Safeguarding Lead phone number (emergency only): 07907 014388
At Bushmead we want you to feel part of our school and are here to support you and your family with anything we can, to enable your child to reach their full potential in all aspects of their development and emotional well-being. Our role is to work closely with our children, their families and staff in order to achieve this. We can offer a range of support to our children and families including;
- One to one support
- Group work
- Parenting support, advice, strategies and courses
- Workshops on a range of subjects including; digital safeguarding and homework routines
- Transition into Foundation Stage and High School
- Completing paperwork, forms and referrals, e.g. Free School Meals, Child Bereavement Service (CHUMS) and housing
- Courses run by Adult Learning
- Home Visits
- Link with other services both internally and externally to support our children and families such as; the Foodbank, Greenhouse Mentoring, Penrose Housing, The Early Help Team and Luton Access with regards benefits and employment.
Being a parent/carer is both a wonderful and challenging journey. At times, we may need additional support to help us face challenges along the way. These might be due to concerns we have about our children, e.g. their behaviour, toileting, sleep or education. Also, if there has been a bereavement, a family break up or housing and financial issues or any other concerns.
We are available throughout the school day and look forward to working with you.