Weekly Topic Tasks
Weekly Topic Tasks
I wonder what the PE team will have planned for us this week!
Mrs Coombes, our music teacher has provided us with another great lesson for the children to complete this week. Enjoy! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rl07L25xQdTKKwKOxEMPzZfMxhKtgYfM/view?usp=sharing
This week we will be learning how to use Pictograms on Purple Mash!
Key objectives: To collect data (information); To put the data in a tally chart; To input the data into a pictogram.
Start off by watching Miss Begum’s video on what ‘Pictograms’ are and why/how we use them!
You can watch the video below or find it via this link:
The program we will be using is 2Count on Purple Mash. The task and activity will be explained in more detail in the video, however we have shared it below.
TASK: To use the tally chart (Favourite Colour Tally Chart) to create a pictogram on 2count. (You will find this sheet under the video on our webpage).
Challenge Time! Once you’ve had a go at completing the pictogram and exploring it a little more, you will need to collect and record your own data!
First thing to do, is to create your own tally chart, the information you will need to collect is all about ‘Favourite Fruit’. You may first like to note down the fruits you will collect information about. (A template will be provided for you to use or you can make your own one!) It is your mission now, to call friends and family and ask them what their favourite fruit is. As you collect more information, record this on your tally chart. Once you are happy with how much data you have collected, have a go at transferring the data into a pictogram! Just like how we transferred the ‘Favourite Colour’ tally chart information in the video. Happy data collecting!
(A 2do has been set up for you to complete this task on Purple Mash).
Science this week will be an investigation. The children will be finding out if materials are waterproof or not. The children will need to follow the video and complete the starter and worksheet as they go through. Help will be given throughout the video.
If you do not have any of the materials for the investigation please feel free to use different ones. If you are really unsure of how to complete the investigation because you do not have what you need please let your child's teacher know and we will be happy to assist.
Science lesson - https://www.loom.com/share/f7667a59b2b446229d8212cdc2beab5d
If you are unable to access the video for any reason you can find the PowerPoint and tasks on the website.
WELL BEING WEEK
Please try and complete one of these tasks on each day of the week.
Watch the above video to find out more.
You can also find it via this link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELzIbTf1IE
This week is well-being week! Over this week we would like you to achieve all 5 of the following ways to make sure your well-being is number 1! Get everyone in your home involved and see if you can notice a difference in your well-being/how you feel. The teachers will be joining in too!
Today this activity will be in place of our English lesson so feel free to choose one or more than one task to complete. Remember to keep this up throughout the week and beyond!
- CONNECT- It is important that we stay connected in any way we can. Could you write a message or record a video to put on Purple Mash for all your friends to see?- Remember our blog is always available to stay connected to our friends and teachers.
Think about asking questions you could ask:
How are you feeling today? What are you doing today? How was your weekend? Have you learnt anything new? What is your favourite tv programme to watch?
- BE ACTIVE- We need to make sure we are staying active. Did you know that children should be active for at least 60 minutes a day? Try and get outside and get some fresh air, see if you can go for a walk or run around a field. Maybe you have a nice woodland walk nearby and you could get your wellies out to go jumping in puddles! Do you have any pets that like to join in with you to make sure you are staying active? Maybe you could sing or act a story outside? What signs of winter can you see? Here is a video to help you:
- TAKE NOTICE- Can you give someone a compliment today? Could you say something nice about someone’s work? Record a video commenting on what you like about them or their work or what they have achieved. It would be lovely to make your friends feel amazing!
- LEARN- We are all learning everyday (even your grown-ups and teachers!) Could you try and learn something new today? Maybe you would like to learn some sign language, a different language or a new dance? Perhaps you could try and join in with a Zoom session for the very first time? (We have our Funky Phonics on Tuesday!) Maybe you would like a challenge of completing some puzzles? Have a go at sudoku or a wordsearch and try and do it all by yourself! Maybe you have heard a new word today- You could research it or look in a dictionary to see what it means.
- GIVE- Can you make a Rainbow? Let’s get creative! Think about the materials we have been learning in science, what can we use to make a Rainbow? Make it as colourful as possible so you can ‘give’ this to someone else. We are going to ‘give’ the Bushmead Rainbow to someone else!
Step 1: Create your Rainbow
Step 2: Ask a grown-up to get a camera and make sure the camera is landscape.
Step 3: Your Rainbow needs to start in your left hand off the screen, you then move it to the middle of the screen/your tummy and do a little boogie with your Rainbow! Pass it to your right hand and make it disappear off the right hand side of the screen on the camera (this may take a couple of attempts!).