Family Workers & Family Support
We are your Family Worker Team here at Bushmead Primary School.
Kelly Davies Senior Family Worker
Lynda McPheat Family Worker
At Bushmead we want you to feel part of our school and are here to support you and your family with anything we can, to enable your child to reach their full potential in all aspects of their development and emotional well-being. Our role is to work closely with our children, their families and staff in order to achieve this. We can offer a range of support to our children and families including;
- One to one support
- Group work
- Parenting support, advice, strategies and courses
- Workshops on a range of subjects including; digital safeguarding and homework routines
- Transition into Foundation Stage and High School
- Completing paperwork, forms and referrals, e.g. Free School Meals, Child Bereavement Service (CHUMS) and housing.
- Courses run by Adult Learning
- Home Visits
- Link with other services both internally and externally to support our children and families such as; the Foodbank, Greenhouse Mentoring, Penrose Housing, the Early Help Team and Luton Access with regards benefits and employment.
Being a parent/carer is both a wonderful and challenging journey. At times we may need additional support to help us face challenges along the way. These might be due to concerns we have about our children, e.g. their behaviour, toileting, sleep or education. Also if there has been a bereavement, a family break up or housing and financial issues or any other concerns.
We are available throughout the school day and look forward to working with you.
01582 725387 Option 2 or at email@example.com
Welcome back to our new school year 2019-2020, we hope you all had a wonderful
summer break. Welcome to all our new families and children that have joined us this year.
Last week our new Foundation Stage children and families joined our school, it was lovely to meet some of you at our new Foundation parents/carers coffee morning.
Here's to a fantastic school year.
We would like to say a huge thank you to all of you that supported our 'Cake-Away' sale in aid of Macmillan. With all of your generous donations we raised £365.
Thank you all again