A huge thank you, to all our parents and carers for helping make the first half term such a success. We are pleased to say that the children have truly settled into life, in year 4 and are enjoying the challenges of a new curriculum.
In order to build on this success we have put together a list of general reminders to support you.
- Children should have their winter PE kits as some PE sessions will continue to be outside. For further details please refer to uniform policy/PE policy
- Children have weekly spelling sessions so need to have their blue spelling books, at school, on a Monday
- Children need a Berol handwriting pen at school- blue ink only
- Please ensure learning logs are at school on the date in their logs
- Please encourage your child to use their www.purplemash passwords to support learning- you can find these in their reading logs and learning logs
- We will be making Viking shields and would greatly appreciate any empty cereal boxes
- Please support us by contributing to our Dell Farm visit as the children would really benefit, from this exciting and valuable experience
- Thank you, for your continued support
Welcome to Year 4
Year 4 Information Booklet
Literacy - How to Train your Dragon
In literacy, we have been exploring diary entries from different characters' points of view.
STEM Week 2018
Thank you to our inspirational speakers, Mrs Whittaker and Mr Bond for taking time out of their busy schedules to help ignite our passion and interest in following a career in technology.
We would also like to thank Ms Walter for sharing her special skill of sign language!
Dan the Music Man
Big Me Dress-up Day
In year 4 we saw many incredible costumes and it was lovely to hear the children's dreams and aspirations. We wrote letters to our future selves to read when we are older.
Learning Logs Examples
Children have been given their new learning logs and spelling books. Please take some time to have a look at them with your child.
Children will need to have their spelling books in school every Monday and Tuesday so new spellings can be given and we can assess progress.
In science, we have learnt about sound sources and how sound travels as vibrations.
Roald Dahl Day
On Roald Dahl Day, Year 4 had fun learning all about the incredible author, becoming illustrators like Quentin Blake, creating DIRTY BEARDS, and even being pranked by Miss Ahmed!
Dragon Poetry by CELTS
The sessions ended with a variety of children performing some of the poems.